SeaWeb Seafood Summit
January 12, 2015
By KT Pirquet
The SeaWeb Seafood Summit brings together global representatives from the seafood industry with leaders from the conservation community, academia, government, and the media for in-depth discussions, presentations, and networking around the issue of sustainable seafood. The goal of the Summit is to foster dialogue and partnerships that lead to a seafood marketplace that is environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The 2015 Seafood Summit general conference program showcases over 25 engaging presentations and panel discussions featuring today’s most leading experts in the seafood industry. Topics covered will include:
- The Global importance of aquaculture in meeting world protein needs;
- Traceability and its impact on seafood value chains;
- Fishery and aquaculture improvement projects (FIPs & AIPs);
- Preventing human rights abuses in seafood supply chains;
- Economic and ecosystem resilience and the role of the seafood industry; and
- Global sustainable fishing challenges and successes.
Please Note: This program is subject to change. Please be sure to check the conference website periodically for updates.