New optical dissolved oxygen meter features latest probe
December 4, 2018
By Aquaculture North America Staff
Ontario-based environmental monitoring company Hoskin Scientific has introduced Ohio-based water measurement solutions provider YSI’s latest optical dissolved oxygen (ODO) field meter.
The new ProSolo Digital handheld replaces the ProODO as YSI’s most advanced meter. Paired with the latest ODO and temperature probe, the company says the ProSolo benefits from years of expertise in dissolved oxygen technology.
The ProSolo handheld is the direct replacement to the ProODO handheld, and is fully compatible with ProODO cables and ProODO probes, the company adds. The ProODO handheld will be discontinued on Dec. 31, 2018.
Key features of the new meter include:
- Ergonomic handheld for a comfortable grip
- Easy-to-read color display and backlit keypad
- Large onboard memory with storage capacity for over 100,000 data sets
- Site ID and Data ID tag capabilities for data organization
- Data export directly to USB flash drive (included)
- Single cable design for probe assembly lengths ranging from 1- to 100-meters
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is user-replaceable
- Simple and quick calibration procedures
- Cooke Aquaculture wins 2018 Private Business Growth Award
- Canada’s seafood farmers launch national youth initiative